ONLINE 8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR)
Time & Location
About the Event
Drama2Calmer-Mindfulness: 8-week MBSR COURSE Online
‘You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf’ -Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness, when practiced regularly, allows us to see ourselves and the world around us in a new way. By bringing our attention to the present moment and learning to let it unfold we can learn to find balance and a sense of calm in difficult situations as well as increase the joy in uplifting ones.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is an eight-week evidence-based program that offers secular, intensive mindfulness training to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain. It is a practical approach which trains attention, allowing people to cultivate awareness and therefore enabling them to have more choice and take wise action in their lives. It was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and his colleagues at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre in 1979 and it is now taught all over the world.
***In response to the on-going health crisis and to ensure everyone's safety, this course is offered live online via Zoom. We hope that in this way we can still offer support and access to learning mindfulness and meditation which we feel can be particularly helpful in these difficult times of uncertainty and hardship. As an online platform Zoom offers group interaction and learning and the online course will offer the same practices, exercises and content as an in-person course or workshop. Please, get in touch if you have any questions about Zoom or would like to do a test session to try it out before booking.***
The 8-week Drama to Calmer-Mindfulness MBSR course
The highly participatory, supportive, and structured course offers:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Group dialogue and mindful communication and discussion
- Exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- A workbook with daily assignments and home practice materials
- A set of Guided Meditations will be made available to the participants for home practice.
- Induction Call
- 8x 2.5-3hr sessions
- Full day retreat day on a Sunday between session 6 and 7
- Optional 1.5 hr taster session before start of the course.
All sessions will be taught online live via Zoom.
*Anyone facing difficulties in these times, please get in touch*
PLEASE NOTE that acceptance onto the 8-week course is dependent on completing the Registration Form and having an initial 20min Induction Call via Zoom.
- The MBSR course is an evidence-based 8-week programme teaching mindfulness and meditation. In accordance with the Good Practice guidelines, as outlined by the UK network for Mindfulness-based teachers, the registration process includes a brief induction talk between teacher and participant to determine suitability for the course and to give more detailed information about what the 8-week course entails (You can also book one of our FREE TASTER SESSIONS to find out more and combine that with the induction talk).
- To register, please follow the link to our registration form by clicking 'BOOK'. All information is used for assessment of participation suitability only and is not passed on, shared or disclosed to any third party. We will then contact you to arrange an induction call via zoom to discuss if the course is suitable for you at this point in your life, and to ensure that you are clear to what the course offers and demands. (By providing the information on the form and submitting the registration you agree for Drama2Calmer Mindfulness - Cornelia Baumann to store your information on their secure system and share it with the necessary team members to both administer and deliver appropriate teaching. )
- Once you have filled out the registration form, we will get in touch to arrange the induction talk. As this will be an online course this induction talk is usually done via Zoom at a mutually suitable time. That way you can try out Zoom if you are not familiar with it and have an idea of the course experience. This talk usually takes around 20mins.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, the course relies on video conferencing which has minimum requirements to work properly. That includes having a laptop or desktop computer with speakers, microphone, video capabilities, and a high-speed internet connection.
You will also need to find a quiet space where you will not be disturbed. For the sessions we recommend that you have a dining type chair to sit on, you will also need space to practice some gentle Mindful Movement and you may want to be able to lie down for the body scan practice for instance. You can also sit on a cushion on the floor for some of the meditations if you feel comfortable that way.
To assist you with Zoom, we recommend that you watch a video tutorial online.
To sign up for the free Zoom, please create an account via this link and download the free app version of Zoom.
If you have any questions regarding using zoom, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.