8-week MBSR course
Time & Location
About the Event
Drama2Calmer-Mindfulness: 8-week MBSR COURSE
‘You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf’ -Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness, when practiced regularly, allows us to see ourselves and the world around us in a new way. By bringing our attention to the present moment and learning to let it unfold we can learn to find balance and a sense of calm in difficult situations as well as increase the joy in uplifting ones.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is an eight-week evidence-based program that offers secular, intensive mindfulness training to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain. It is a practical approach which trains attention, allowing people to cultivate awareness and therefore enabling them to have more choice and take wise action in their lives. It was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and his colleagues at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre in 1979 and it is now taught all over the world.
The 8-week Drama to Calmer-Mindfulness MBSR course
The highly participatory, supportive, and structured course offers:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Group dialogue and mindful communication and discussion
- Exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- A workbook with daily assignments and home practice materials
- A set of Guided Meditations will be made available to the participants for home practice.
Dates and Times
· 8x 2.5hr sessions on Tuesdays 7-9:30pm 14th January 2020- 3rd March 2020
· Full day retreat day Sunday 23rd February 2020.
· Optional 1.5 hr orientation session on Tuesday 7th Janruary at 7pm.
All sessions will take place in Wandsworth/Earlsfield.
For more information or to register, please email email@example.com
£195 (Early Bird £170 if booked by 23rd December 2019)