8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR)-LIVE ONLINE
Time & Location
About the Event
Drama2Calmer-Mindfulness: 8-week MBSR COURSE
‘You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf’ -Jon Kabat-Zinn
***In response to the current health crisis and to ensure everyone's safety, this course is now offered live online via Zoom. We hope that in this way we can still offer support and access to learning mindfulness and meditation which we feel can be particularly helpful in these difficult times of uncertainty and hardship. As an online platform Zoom offers group interaction and learning and the online course will offer the same practices, exercises and content as an in-person course or workshop. Please, get in touch if you have any questions about Zoom or would like to do a test session to try it out before booking.***
Mindfulness, when practiced regularly, allows us to see ourselves and the world around us in a new way. By bringing our attention to the present moment and learning to let it unfold we can learn to find balance and a sense of calm in difficult situations as well as increase the joy in uplifting ones.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is an eight-week evidence-based program that offers secular, intensive mindfulness training to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain. It is a practical approach which trains attention, allowing people to cultivate awareness and therefore enabling them to have more choice and take wise action in their lives. It was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and his colleagues at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre in 1979 and it is now taught all over the world.
The 8-week Drama to Calmer-Mindfulness MBSR course
The highly participatory, supportive, and structured course offers:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Group dialogue and mindful communication and discussion
- Exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- A workbook with daily assignments and home practice materials
- A set of Guided Meditations will be made available to the participants for home practice.
Dates and Times
· 8x 2.5hr sessions on Tuesdays 7-9:30pm 21st April 2020- 9th June 2020
· Full day retreat day Sunday 31st May 2020.
· Optional 1.5 hr orientation session before start of the course.
All sessions will be taught online live via Zoom.
£195 (Early Bird £170 if booked by 8th April 2020)
*Anyone facing difficulties in these times, please get in touch*